Yes, there are scholarships available for those who want to pursue an education as a vet tech. Like most other programs, there are a variety of financial aid options available for vet tech school, as well as a variety of scholarships that are designated for that specific area of study. The kind of scholarship, as well as the source of scholarship, a student can receive varies greatly, and is mostly dependent on the student concerned.
Students who attend vet tech programs located within community colleges or universities may be eligible for overall scholarships that are open to all students at that institution. Those scholarships may include aid programs for academic achievement or family income. Also available are scholarships associated with high school involvement in student organizations, or volunteer work. These scholarships are open to all students, and are therefore extremely competitive.
Students who choose to pursue a vet tech education also have the option of competing for scholarships open only to vet tech students. Some of these scholarships come from inside the vet tech program that the student attends, while others can come from an outside organization looking to advance the vet tech field. Scholarships offered by vet tech program institutions are like overall scholarships, and are awarded based on academic achievement and need. However, scholarships that come from an outside organization may have different requirements for applying students.
The American Kennel Club, along with the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in American and Bayer Pharmaceuticals, offers one of the most recognizable and well-established scholarship funds specifically for vet tech students. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a student must be a full time student at a certified vet tech school, and must be a member of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America. Twenty-five of these scholarships are awarded to students all over the country every year.
Vet tech students also have a unique scholarship opportunity associated with their specialization. Vet tech students, unlike some other career oriented students, have the option to choose a specialty. Many of those specialties have associated scholarships offered by outside organizations for the advancement of those specific specialty areas. All vet tech programs should have information about those scholarships available for students.
The most important thing in obtaining a scholarship for vet tech programs is for the students to be active in looking for opportunities. There are many scholarships, both vet tech associated and not, available for students who are looking.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- vet tech scholarships
- scholarships for vet tech students
- vet tech scholarships 2013
- vet tech scholarships 2012
- veterinary technician scholarships 2013
- veterinary technician scholarships 2012
- veterinary technician scholarships for high school seniors
- 9 out of 10 english college students
- veterinary technician scholarships
- Veterinary technician grants
- scholarships for vet tech
- vet tech scholarships grants
- vet tech scholarships in ohio 2015
- vet tech scholorships
- grants for online vet courses
Other veterinary Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I look for when visiting a vet tech school?
- What should I look for in a vet tech school?
- How much does a vet tech school cost?
- What is the difference between a veterinary technician and a technician assistant?
- Being a Vet Tech at a Zoo
- How do I choose which vet tech school to attend?
- What is a registered veterinary technician?
- Cool Jobs You Can Get With A Vet Tech Degree
- What is the job market like for Registered Veterinary Technicians?
- Will I be a licensed vet tech upon graduation from vet tech school?
- What is the difference between a vet tech and a veterinarian?
- What is the salary of a vet tech?
- What will I learn in vet tech classes/school?
- Can I go to an online vet tech school?
- Vet Assistant or Vet Tech – Which One Is Right For You?
- How long does vet tech school take?
- Vet Tech or Vet Assistant: Which is Which?
- What is a veterinary technician?
- Is there a demand for veterinarians in the U.S.?
- A snapshot of a Vet Tech’s Job
- Veterinary Technician and Technologist
- Do vet tech programs offer financial aid or student loans?
- A Vet Tech’s Duty to Animals
- Small Animal Veterinary Technician Profile
- Iditarod Vet Technician
- A Day In the Life of Vet Tech
- The facts about rhino poaching
- What a Vet Tech College Grad Will Tell You About Chocolates and Pets
- How Much does your Pet Eat
- Veterinary Technician’s Role in a Surgical Procedure
- The Benefits of Pet Insurance
- Canine Family Tree
- Veterinary Technician — Career Considerations
- How do I find vet tech schools?
- The Science Behind Mega Shark
- Dogs and Social Networking
- You Had Me at “Woof”
- Strange Facts About Cats
- Don’t Touch the Cat!
- Who has a Sphynx Cat?
veterinary Schools by State
veterinary Schools by State