The decision to attend a medical assisting school can lead to a rewarding career path. Job opportunities for certified medical assistants are expected to continue growing in the near future. The costs depend on the duration of the training program and the types of certificates or degrees offered. Courses offered at private vocational colleges can last from a few weeks to several months, and the average costs are between $1,200 and $4,200 for tuition, plus the cost of textbooks, scrub uniforms, supplies, and other miscellaneous fees. Many such medical assisting programs have a certain number of required classroom hours followed by a certain number of externship hours. The average price range for these comprehensive programs is around $1,600 to $4,500.
Medical assisting is also offered as a one-year certificate program at many two-year community colleges. Depending on the number of courses taken at a time, the costs are about $800 to $1,000 per semester. For a two-year Associate’s Degree in Medical Assisting, the average tuition cost is about $2,550. Once the required coursework and externships are completed, graduates are also required to pass the Medical Assistant Certification exam before working in a clinical setting. For students who join the American Association of Medical Assistants, the exam fee is offered at a discount, currently $170 for members versus $250 for non-members.
Doing a college search for medical assisting schools or medical assisting colleges? Our US college search groups together quality schools in your area to help jump start your career. Use it to check out popular medical assisting colleges in Iowa or in any other state of your choosing. Looking for online colleges? You can search for online degrees too.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- how much does medical assistant school cost
- Low cost Ajax with Prototype js online
- medical assistant tuition cost
- how much does it cost to become a medical assistant
- how much does it cost to be a medical assistant
- how much is medical assistant school
- how much is tuition for medical assistant
- how much does it cost to go to school for medical assistant
- how much does it cost for medical assistant school
- how much it cost to be a medical assistant
- how much does trade school cost
- how much does everest college cost for medical assistant
- www uscollegesearch org how-much-does-a-medical-assisting-school-cost
- medical assistant school cost
- medical assistant school prices