Do truck driving schools offer financial aid or student loans?

February 15th, 2011 by admin

Trucking schools do indeed offer financial aid. This type of financial aid is given out in the form of student loans. Students can obtain student loans from the trucking schools themselves when you’re qualified. You can also qualify for student loans to attend CDL schools from both the state and federal government.truck-driving-schools-offer-financial-aid-or-student-loans ss_10728025

The first step for any student is to fill out the essential FAFSA form. This is the federal aid form that assesses exactly how much student financial aid you’ll qualify for to attend a truck driver school. You can obtain a FAFSA by asking the financial aid counselor at the trucking school to send you one. They’re also often available at many high school and college financial aid offices, even if you don’t attend them.

If you or your parents or spouse have good to excellent credit, along with enough income or assets such as cars or jewelry, you may also be able to obtain a direct student loan from a local financial institution such as a bank or credit union, or even a savings and loan.

If you want to investigate other sources of obtaining financial aid to attend truck driving school, you can visit bookstores or libraries to study through books on college and trade school financial aid programs. They’ll often direct you to many programs you may not be familiar with but can supplement the amount of financial aid you receive from your student loans.

It’s important to apply early in the academic year since so many students will be competing with you for the same financial aid. The earlier the better.

Other truck driving schools Frequently Asked Questions

Incoming search terms for the article:

No Comments »

Comments are closed.

Your Current Search




Blog Navigation